Tuesday 12 November 2013

sleepy school time

"good morning class, today we are going to be talking about"
"and then make sure the client..."
" remember to bring to bring your rulers to the next lecture. see you all tomorrow"
oh crap I've done it again. It's hard to get an education when your falling asleep in class and missing the content. This is a daily struggle for me though, on my journey to becoming a qualified occupational therapist.

Don't get me wrong, I love occupational therapy and I'm very passionate about it. But surviving 5 days of lectures a week, trying to listen to lecturers, read stuff and take notes while battling with narcolepsy is a full on struggle. some days are ok and everything goes well. somedays i try my best but still manage to end up sleeping on the desk.
its very embarrassing in a class of 80 people.

I missed another class this morning. 8.30 am starts are just to full on especially when the lectures run non-stop until 12. i haven't got the capacity to focus that long. I hate missing lectures, I know they are important to my education and if I could stay awake my grades would benefit. but somedays I physically don't have the energy to get out of bed. 

I thought the meds were meant to fix things :( classes are better now, but i still spend the day feeling mentally exhausted with no energy for anything.

each day seems to be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment